Flashlight, permitted or not?
Alt
  (#1)
Lithdk
Benutzer
Benutzerbild von Lithdk

Standard Flashlight, permitted or not? - 09.06.2013, 14:06

Hello.

Recently I've been kicked from your deathrun server for using flashlight. Apperantly it make some people's FPS drop. However, flashlight has alot of strategic advantages in deathrun. It has been used for a long time to spot traps in the floor, furthermore it is just generally nice to have in dark maps like deathrun_death.

Now, because a few people has a computer that cant handle something as simple as flashlight doesnt mean I cant use it, right? They could just turn down their settings, update their drivers or whatever the *bleep* is wrong with their personal computer. I mean, I dont get kicked from battlefield servers for firing with a tank or using flashy spells in world of warcraft. And this is just flashlight? Come on, so we cant use smoke grenades from the drshop either? Smokes should decrease their FPS by far more than flashlight.

So I guess I just wanted to clarify, can it really be true that flashlight is forbidden because a few people with terrible PCs get a FPS drop because of it?

Sincerly,
Lithdk

Alt
  (#2)
'Babe `.'
Benutzerbild von 'Babe `.'

Standard 09.06.2013, 18:52

Hay,

you can use flashlight to check some traps or something, but you needn't flashlight the whole map.

Babe

Alt
  (#3)
Lithdk
Benutzer
Benutzerbild von Lithdk

Standard 09.06.2013, 19:24

Well having it on the whole maps ensures I dont get surprised by invisible holes in the ground.

Alt
  (#4)
'Babe `.'
Benutzerbild von 'Babe `.'

Standard 09.06.2013, 20:03

Its just disturbing the other people

Alt
  (#5)
Lithdk
Benutzer
Benutzerbild von Lithdk

Standard 09.06.2013, 20:27

No no no, it's disturbing a few people with PCs who cant handle something as simple as flashlight and probably shouldnt be using that PC to be playing games in the first place. Kicking people for using flashlight would be the same as kicking people for putting on and off silencer because the sound annoys you.

Alt
  (#6)
Sh@d0w
Benutzerbild von Sh@d0w

Standard 09.06.2013, 22:11

Let´s do some math:

If you turn your flashlight on and more than one player is complaining about it it is better to make you turn it off then loose the other players. You must listen to the admin whether you like it or not.

Alt
  (#7)
Lithdk
Benutzer
Benutzerbild von Lithdk

Standard 09.06.2013, 22:31

So if I complain about the sound of putting on/off silencer will you tell people to stop? No. You dont have any interest in the "one player". If I said "alright, I'll find another server then" you wouldnt care about me, "the one player".

No, the creation and enforcing of this flashlight rule is solely subjective and only enforced because it affects people you are friends with, or have some sort of social relationshop with. To be honest, people I wouldn't have on my server if I were you. 14 year olds who do nothing but yell noob at everyone, flaming people, insulting people and breaking rules whenever admins are not online.

Terrorkom is a pretty big operation, with lots of servers and players to boot. If they allow their admins, who are enforcers, to make decisions that only affect people they do not like, what wont it do to their already damaged reputation. I can come up with multiple examples of admins bending the rules in their own favor, and if I scroll through my console log right now I will have a few already.

What is the point of having any rules if the admins ignore them, only choose to enforce them when they think it's just or they make up their own? Think about that for a second.

It is not that I don't like listening to the admins, but if the admins are not following the servers own rules are they really the ones to enforce them?

Alt
  (#8)
Sh@d0w
Benutzerbild von Sh@d0w

Standard 09.06.2013, 22:35

idk if u want to troll but to use flashlight to damage other players on purpose is not right in my eyes
all ur reasons are not true and ur comparison with silencer is retarded

Alt
  (#9)
Lithdk
Benutzer
Benutzerbild von Lithdk

Standard 09.06.2013, 22:45

Again, my intent behind using flashlight is not to hurt other players and I urge you to start reading what is wrote. Furthermore "all ur reasons are not true" is a really weak counter arguement.

If the silencer analogy does not please you, here's another one:
Voice chat is really hurting my chance at picking up the sound of "+use" while midair. Would you please stop using that or should I go into settings and turn it off?

Something to consider here is the fact that this can be changed inside settings, just like the flashlight bug, smoke bug and nightvision bug.

But if you choose to enforce this new made-up-on-the-fly-for-the-benefit-of-one-player flashlight rule I must ask you to also enforce all the other official server rules.

Alt
  (#10)
Sh@d0w
Benutzerbild von Sh@d0w

Standard 09.06.2013, 22:54

u seem to be serious with this ok.
if my voice hurts u u can mute me, if YOUR flashlight makes me lagg, fps drops, so i can not play i have no chance to change that! its up to u to turn it off.
you can mute u i can not "unflashlight" u.
it is not changable in the settings!
about one hour ago there was someone on the server with the name "the flashlight man", u think he namens himself like that because the map is too dark or because he wants to damage the other players who can not afford a computer that can handle this?

Antwort

Lesezeichen

Themen-Optionen